[Amps] Load testing HV power supplies

Chris Wilson chris at chriswilson.tv
Mon Sep 24 07:25:07 EDT 2012

  24/09/2012 12:21

I am in the midst of making a couple of HV power supplies. I would
like to know if there's a safe means of testing these under load,
without using the RF deck and an expensive tube to put a load on?

One supply is hopefully going to give about 3800V DC at about .8 of an
Amp, the other about 5kV at about 1.8 Amps. I would also like to be
able to load a transformer's AC output itself up to see how it reacts
under load. Has anyone "done this at home" and lived to share the
story? :) Thanks.

--
       Best Regards,
                   Chris Wilson.