[Amps] Testing encapsulated HV rectifier diode blocks?

Chris Wilson chris at chriswilson.tv
Mon Sep 24 15:56:39 EDT 2012

> A variac and a 24 -0- 24 transformer. Check the outputs from each
> side individually: they should be equal. That tells you the diodes
> are good (or the same number shorted one each side!) Then a Hi-pot
> test for leakage at what you think the PIV is.
> 73
> Peter G3RZP

24/09/2012 20:53

Thanks Peter, I didn't have a suitable transformer, but have basically
ascertained they all work, with no variation in voltage drop, so
presumably all diodes are OK, using my variable PSU and a voltmeter.
Not as good as your way, but I am pretty confident they are all OK. As
you are in the UK, same as myself, what sort of money might I expect
to pay for a used, and usable hi-pot tester? Thanks

--
       Best Regards,
                   Chris Wilson.