[Amps] AL-80B

Jim Barber audioguy at q.com
Sun Sep 30 20:04:16 EDT 2012

Aubrey,

This applies to the AL-80/SB1000, but may apply to the 80B as well.

If you pull the cover off, check to see if there's a power relay mounted
on a piece of metal that's screwed onto
the rear cabinet wall. If so, make sure the screw is tight and the
bracket is firmly attached to the cabinet
wall.

I put an SB-1000 on the shelf for years because I thought the
transformer was delaminating; turned out it was a loose
screw. Go Figure.

73,
Jim N7CXI