[Amps] original thread: Peter Dahl transformers, remark about capacitors for switching supplies

Vic K2VCO k2vco.vic at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 14:16:25 EDT 2013

In a conventional 3.2 kV HV supply that I've built for my new amplifier, I bypassed each
of the electrolytics with an 0.01 uf disc ceramic capacitor. My thought was that there
will undoubtedly be RF leakage back to the power supply, and especially on 160 meters the
regular bypassing of the HV line might not be adequate to keep RF out of the capacitors.
RF would be another source of heat that could shorten their life.

It didn't occur to me that it might be possible to 'resonate' the capacitors at some RF
frequency and make the problem worse! I'm interested in the answer to this, too.

--
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA