[Amps] Measuring tank coil inductance

TexasRF at aol.com TexasRF at aol.com
Fri Apr 26 12:12:10 EDT 2013

Vic, the peak screen current will be several times the indicated current.
The trip circuits have a time constant and don't respond to the peak current
 that comes along at the rate of one per rf cycle. The screen bypass C
tends to  soak up much of the peak current as well.

When rf drive is adjusted for rated screen current, the net result is an
instataneous plate voltage minimum value quite a bit less than what you are
plotting. The load line will be shifted somewhat as a result. Also, the
power  generated is somewhat higher than you are expecting as the peak plate
current is  increased as well.

Just as the indicated plate current is an average over the complete rf
cycle, so are the screen and grid currents.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 4/26/2013 8:49:49 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,