[Amps] 50VDC LDMOS-SSPAs DC connectors

Conrad Farlow conrad at g0ruz.com
Tue Aug 6 08:55:05 EDT 2013

I have a single 60A 50V Blade supply and several LDMOS SSPAs under
construction, some of which use 2 pallets and will require 55 amps. I
was thinking of using the 75A powerpole connectors for distribution to
the amplifiers. I was intending to daisy chain the amps from this single
supply as only one will be in use at any one time. I cannot see a
problem with this, can anyone else? I am using the W6PQL control boards
and so the supply to the PA is isolated until the amplifier is keyed.
Grounds are all common.

These are the connectors

http://www.torberry.co.uk/superbasket/product/473/75A+Powerpole+Pack+%28any+colour%29+2+hsgs+%2B++2+x+16mm+contacts

These are the mounting plates.

http://www.torberry.co.uk/superbasket/product/475/+75+Amp+Powerpole+Panel+Mount+Kit+-+2+to+6+Pole

I can accommodate 2 positive and negative pairs using these plates I
believe. Does this sound like a reasonable idea?

Conrad G0RUZ IO93FR

North Wakefield Radio Club