[Amps] GU-74b amp by UX1UX

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Fri Aug 16 20:13:54 EDT 2013

On 8/16/2013 6:12 PM, Louis Parascondola wrote:
> The Chinese have come up with the F-257???? or whatever it is to replace the Russian tubes.  I think Rudy went to them already with Emtron

Rudy uses the FU728F instead of the GU84B.  The Chinese FU728F is
basically a 4CX1500B except it has a different filament voltage and the
centering pin in the socket is slightly larger than the one for the
4CX1500B.  Physically the FU728F is quite different than the GU84B so it
is not a replacement for it.

The FU728F is capable of 2500 PEP and 2KW carrier with the voltages
supplied. Tune for max screen current without exceeding any of the tubes
ratings, then back off on the drive a bit (without retuning) to get a
nice clean signal.

If you run digital or a lot of compression it's likely to kick into high
blower which is a bit louder.

73

Roger (K8RI)