[Amps] Command HF2500e

Joe Barnes n4jbk at comcast.net
Mon Aug 19 01:27:40 EDT 2013

I have seen 2 flavors of the Command HF2500e both have a 6.9Kva power supply while one has 3 3cx800’s and the other has 2 8877’s. I know the one with the 3 smaller finals will bury a 5k meter of many flavors ( Bird, Coaxial Dynamics, Alpha, etc.) but I have no idea what the other one will do. Allegedly they both have around 3K plate voltage which would seem to be okay for the 800’s but very weak for the 8877’s can anyone give a guess why one would opt for the other tubes other than the 25 watt grids?

Thank You and 73, Joe N4JBK