[Amps] AL-1200 and RTTY - JUST A SIMPLE ANSWER PLEASE!

Louis Parascondola gudguyham at aol.com
Tue Aug 27 10:02:37 EDT 2013

One would say read the manual.  So I did.  There is no power level specific to running RTTY however the spec on the amp is 1/2 hour at 1500 watts output below 18mhz.

So that is your answer.  I take that to mean you can run 1500w output in RTTY for 1/2 straight.  With not transmitting 100% of the time I suppose you can run full power (below 18 mhz)  It does not say what the spec is above 18 mhz.  I do know this however, the tank circuit gets very hot running high power RTTY on that amp so it may be wise to add a fan on the tank circuit.  I once bought a used one where someone cut a hole in the top and put a muffin fan blowing down on the tank.   Hope that helps.