[Amps] Ameritron band switch repair

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Mon Feb 4 19:16:03 EST 2013

Who said anything about a D550 for a bandswitch repair, that is serious
overkill, mine is 240/335W and is used for serious work like removing
components soldered to a big old steel chassis. Ive also hauled it up towers
in the winter (-;

The Weller 8200 at 100/140W with a good tip and tight nuts works fine. It is
some of the other brands that dont provide the same heat/watts. Ive picked
up a few extras of these on ham forums for $12-20 in good shape....beats
always looking for one!

Carl
KM1H