[Amps] SB-200

Tom Osborne w7why at frontier.com
Sun Feb 17 20:15:29 EST 2013

Lately my SB-200 has been acting strange.

On 40 and 80 meters, the 'Load' cap has to be all the way in, and then it is
only putting out about 300 watts.  On 20, seems like the'Load' cap is in
more than it used to be.

Don't think the tubes are bad, but they might be.  I checked them when
running on RTTY and both of them had a red tint to them.  I assume if one is
bad, the good one will run redder than the bad one.

Also, has there ever been a mod where the input coils/caps are replaced with
something else?

Thanks and 73
Tom W7WHY