[Amps] 813 efficiency

Robert Groh rgroh at swbell.net
Mon Feb 25 13:12:07 EST 2013

Love your comments, Colin. I visualize a 'ring' of 813's (like the cylinders of
an old radial airplane engine) - bases all toward the center. All behind a big
window (you just have to be able to see the plates glowing red as you throw the
RF to them).  No, maybe a better idea to flip the tubes end-for-end (better to
combine the RF outputs).  Cooling - maybe a big fan (box fan??) directly behind
the tubes and pull the hot air out radially.  Actually maybe set up for 13 tubes
but the 13th tube position doesn't have a tube there - this is just a place to
have the tuning controls coming out.  Crazy?  Maybe.  Great idea for the April
2014 issue of QST.  Wow.  I've got to work on that.

73
Bob, WA2CKY