[Amps] 813 efficiency

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Tue Feb 26 14:29:32 EST 2013

The 4E27A seems to be an audiophool contender and getting pricey plus it is
a HV, low current tube to be efficient.

Eimac uses the first character to signal number of elements starting after
WW2.

Another sleeper is the PL-175, very few realize it is a plug in swap with a
4-400A, and is often almost given away. I picked up a pair NIB on Fleabay
for $25 not long ago. I added a NIB Eimac 175A to the TX tube collection for
$10.

I also picked up a pair of NIB QB5/1750's from the same place for $20, those
will be modulating a NOS 4PR1000A.

There are also several other seldom heard of NIB TX tubes in the collection
that are simply a standard tube with a funny ID on it (-;

Carl
KM1H