[Amps] FS: TenTec Titan-III #417 using 2x GU-74B's

Bill Cotter n4lg at qx.net
Wed Jan 2 13:38:58 EST 2013

Happy New Year all,

I have for sale a very nice TenTec Titan-III Amplifier that has
less than 10hrs on a new set of GU-74B's. I have two of these
Titan-III amps, have just received an Elecraft KPA-500 to go with
the K3, so one of the two Titan's needs to go!

The amplifier is in like new cosmetic condition (see pix), and
electrically perfect in every way. The power output into a 50Z load
ranges from 1,800W at 1.9mHz to 1,500W at 28.0mHz. Tuning is very
smooth and the drive level needed is between 40-50W. The QSK mode
is impeccable at speeds up to 40WPM. SSB peak power goes beyond my
means of measuring.

         <http://s1352.beta.photobucket.com/user/N4LG/library/>http://s1352.beta.photobucket.com/user/N4LG/library/

The amplifier weighs a total of 82lbs, and ships in two cartons of
40lbs and 60lbs. Local pickup would be ideal to assure protection
from shipping hazards, however I will ship at your expense in the
TenTec cartons and fully insure. $2,500 plus insured shipping. I
will accept PayPal with the fee prepaid.

For those who are concerned about the availability of GU-74B
spares, they are plentiful on the Russian market (or, e-Bay). I
have two New-Old-Stock (NOS) spares for an additional $275/pr.

Thanks es 73 Bill N4LG