[Amps] MOVs

Vic K2VCO k2vco.vic at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 11:27:10 EST 2013

Interesting. When I lived there the pins were flat with two of them angled. Apparently the
standard changed to round pins some years ago; new sockets accept both types. But what I
am interested in is the relationship of the 240v lines to ground. They are usually labeled
"L" and "N" (live and neutral?) and I wonder if the N is grounded somewhere.

I want to be able to protect the equipment against both common mode and differential mode
surges. I think a MOV across the hot pins would only work for differential mode.

On 1/9/2013 7:59 AM, Steve Katz wrote:

> Vic,
>
> The residential electrical socket standard in Israel is the SI 32 Type H to standard IS
> 16A-R. It is 240V + ground and neither of the 240V pins are connected to ground.
>
> I ship stuff to Israel all the time (including power supplies) and they just use their
> own power cords with the Type H plug (three round pins) or use an adapter like this one:
>
> WA-14 Travel Plug Adapter for Israel, Palestine ("Type H" SI 32, Round Pins)
>
> 73,
>
> Steve WB2WIK

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA