[Amps] 4CX1500B help needed...high screen current in HF-8020 PA

TexasRF at aol.com TexasRF at aol.com
Mon Jan 14 13:33:53 EST 2013

Hi Paul, I have no direct experience with your amplifier model but do have
a couple of general comments about the tetrode tube in use.:

!> 4CX1500B is rated for 12w screen dissipation, Ay 225v, that is 53 mA  so
your 40mA reading should pose no problem, especially in a cw or ssb  mode.

2> elevated screen current comes with high drive power and/or less plate
drive  power slightly. Sometimes a small change in drive power results in a
surprising  change in screen current.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 1/14/2013 11:48:53 A.M. Central Standard Time,