[Amps] How to get the blue markings off of aluminum stock

Glen Zook gzook at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 22 16:32:42 EST 2013

Try acetone.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com

________________________________
 From: Vic K2VCO <k2vco.vic at gmail.com>
To: Amps reflector <amps at contesting.com>
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2013 1:53 PM
Subject: [Amps] How to get the blue markings off of aluminum stock

Well, I just finished the cover for my power supply. Removed the clear plastic from the aluminum sheet, and it is beautiful -- except for the blue printing that indicates the alloy, etc.

How do you get this off? I've tried 91% isopropyl alcohol and various petroleum-based solvents without success. I would hate to use anything abrasive because then I would have to polish the whole thing to make it look nice again. I hope there is something I can buy at the hardware store!

I don't understand why the manufacturer didn't put the printing on the unprotected side.