[Amps] Source of Mica Caps?

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Sun Jun 2 19:58:58 EDT 2013

I still dont understand the claim made by a few that increasing gain and
power output increases stability when hard grounding the grids.

I would take various web sites with a grain of salt and try to seperate the
good from bad.

The 115pf caps were chosen by Heath at the end of the SB-220 run and a
bulletin suggested changing them. The SB-221 and HL-2200 use the 115pf but
Ive replaced with whatever 110 and 120pf I come across in bulk. Ive yet to
have instability in a well built and updated SB-220, even on 6M, with the
Heath design.

Carl
KM1H