[Amps] Advice needed for SS amp

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Wed Jun 5 20:09:34 EDT 2013

On 6/5/2013 7:38 PM, donroden at hiwaay.net wrote:
>> I'm thinking of water cooling. I'm thinking of running a full wave
>> bridge rectifier directly off the 240 VAC line, thus eliminating
>> the power transformer and giving about 340 VDC no-load.
>
> Sounds like what the State of Alabama uses to dispatch hardened
> criminals.....

Water cooling is nice, but you are probably going to need either DI or
distilled water at those voltages and water cooling can be a royal PITA
when things go wrong.

That's 26 years of working with it, but at much higher voltages although
the equipment was rugged and could survive a lot.

73

Roger (K8RI)