[Amps] The Carl and Jim Show + Rich and Tom

Bill Turner dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 6 00:37:19 EDT 2013

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:          (may be snipped)

On Thu, 6 Jun 2013 12:35:45 +0930, Leigh wrote:

>Before doing that Don they first need to rope the inimitable savvy wise owl Rich Measures AG6K into the troop. That dynamic trio ham amps road show would play to packed houses! Perhaps have Tom W8JI as the moderator.
>
>The shared collective ham amp wisdom is immense.
>
>73
>
>Leigh
>VK5KLT

REPLY:

To those not around back in the '90s, the Grate (sic) Parasitics Debate
between AG6K and W8JI sets the standard for the longest thread and most
passionate dialogue ever heard. I was the one who innocently asked a
question about parasitic suppressors which triggered the whole mess. My call
back then was W7TI. You can search the archives.

The thread lasted for more than a year and a half as I recall. Rich finally
went on Usenet and Tom to eHam. It was quite a show.

73, Bill W6WRT