[Amps] Advice needed for SS amp

Jim Garland 4cx250b at miamioh.edu
Thu Jun 6 09:06:02 EDT 2013

I could be wrong, but I doubt Peltier coolers would be a very practical
solution. The typical ones on eBay or at surplus outlets are basically slabs
of a thermelectric material between two metal plates. When a DC current
flows through the material, one plate gets cold, the other plate gets hot.
Unfortunately, they require many amperes of current to obtain a modest
amount of cooling. A typical application is to cool soft drinks in a car
mini-refrigerator. There may be specialized ones for the aerospace and
electronics industry, but I've not seen them on sale at reasonable prices.
To cool a device that dissipates a KW would probably consume more power than
the device itself.
73,
Jim W8ZR