[Amps] Advice needed for SS amp

Bill Turner dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 6 20:51:00 EDT 2013

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:          (may be snipped)

On Thu, 06 Jun 2013 22:53:15 +0100, G3XAQ wrote:

>I'm interested to know why a common mode choke type of balun is such a
>bad idea, seeing as I am using one to couple the drains of my amplifier
>to the harmonic filter.

REPLY:

That is an interesting idea. One problem I see is there is no DC isolation
unless you add a capacitor in each side of the coax. In a small amp that is
easily doable but in a legal limit amp finding the right capacitor might be
hard. On the other hand as you say, building a broadband transformer with no
strange responses is hard too.

Well worth investigating.

73, Bill W6WRT