[Amps] The Pin One Problem

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Sat Jun 8 16:18:22 EDT 2013

> > ** You seem to enjoy blaming manufactrurers for all your "perceived"
> > problems.
>
> Another flippant remark from someone who prefers to engage in personal
> attacks rather conduct reasonable discussion about the technology.

** Nothing flippant and just a simple observation. If you cant take the same
criticism you like to dish out then keep your fingers in your pocket.

> > ** I just wasted several hours looking for those blatant examples and
> > havent found one but with so many radios on the market I could have
> > missed them.
>
> Then you did not look at the Yaesu FT-1000D, FT-1000MP, FT-1000MP MK V,
> FT-990, etc. or the Kenwood TS-480, the Icom 706, 706MKII, 706MKIIG,
> 746, 746Pro, 756, 756ProII, 756ProIII, etc.  Every one of them floats
> the mic return at the jack and ties that line to the "ground" trace
> through an RF choke at the amplifier/preamp.
>
> 73,
>
>    ... Joe, W4TV

** The FT-1000/D, 1000MP, 9000DX, FT-5000 (has a ferrite bead), IC 756PIII,
IC-7800, TS-930, TS-940, TS-950 family are all without a choke for the
ground return at the mike preamp. The TS-480 does have a tiny 10uH  choke
which has negligible DC resistance. Likely there to block any stray RF
currents.

Ive seen enough to understand:

1. None of these radios have hum problems
2. The mike ground is made at the board with the preamp
3. Discussing this any further is a waste of time, Ive alredy disproven
enough of your choke claims and the rest of this Pin 1 nonproblem. Sort of
reminds me of that self styled expert on everything with the none stop ego
driven web pages where errors either never get changed or are snuck in with
an edit and no explanation.
4. This is an AMPLIFIER forum and I dont intend to raise Georges ire over a
ridiculous non issue.

Carl
KM1H