[Amps] The Pin One Problem

Larry Benko xxw0qe at comcast.net
Sun Jun 9 01:03:23 EDT 2013

Let me make a brief comment.

I think it is more accurate to say Pin 1 problems are the most common
cause of RF Suscepiblity (not RFI).  In industry terms, susceptibility
is interference from an intentional radiator into a piece of equipment.
RFI or EMI is interference from an unintentional radiator into equipment.

Pin 1 problems can cause RFI but I don't think they are a major cause
compared to common mode cable currents and large differential cable
currents which get partially converted to common mode currents via
imbalance.  I don't believe that FCC Part 15 specifically tests
susceptability but many other standards do.

73,
Larry, W0QE