[Amps] Build the Big Amp

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Wed Jun 26 20:20:06 EDT 2013

On 6/26/2013 10:21 AM, RMorris wrote:
> Don't know anything more than the page.
>
> http://www.techshop.ws/
>
> I like the hand held plasma cutter..... Hold my beer and watch this....

I have one that will cut 3/4" steel plate at 10" per minute. It's no
bigger than the lunchbox I used to carry to grade school.

Neighbor has one that I believe will do 1" at 10" per minute.

Thing is, the cut is nice. Not smooth, but far better, faster, and
easier than my Oxyacetylene torch while being a LOT more comfortable to
run and doesn't fill the shop with blue smoke for the big filters.

With practice, you can cut painted "barn metal" without scorching the paint.

Certainly leaves a much nicer edge than a Sabre saw.

73

Roger (K8RI)