[Amps] Expert 2K

Joe Giacobello, K2XX k2xx at swva.net
Tue Mar 5 16:15:54 EST 2013

The amplifier's output antenna connector.

There are six programmable outputs on the 2K.  Each can be configured to
utilize the internal tuner, if so desired, and to switch to a
predetermined antenna for a given band.   The band switching can be
accomplished based on a band input from the transceiver's CAT port or RF
sensing of the input frequency.  The port can be switched between one of
two transceivers either manually or automatically through RF sensing.
Each port can also be configured to change a Steppir to the band
corresponding to that selected by the transceiver/amp.  The signal for
Steppir band selection is generated by the 2K and not the transceiver.
(I haven't programmed the amp in a while, but that's what I remember off
the top of my head.)

It all has worked flawlessly so far.

73, Joe
K2XX