[Amps] Freescale LDMOS devices / load mismatch survival

George K4GVT at comcast.net
Sun Mar 10 09:25:47 EDT 2013

Leigh, the idea of having a device without external means for protection
is intriguing.
A device that can sustain such repetitive abuse and continue to operate
is really something.
As you said stated it could be done with standard methods, however they
do marginal
SWR, and high current shutdown.  If you've seen the test video of the
NXP device on Youtube,
the power output never shuts down, just simply sits in ready for the
mismatch to clear.

73,
George, K4GVT