[Amps] rms Volts, Amps and Watts

KA4INM ka4inm at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 10:28:11 EDT 2013

On 03/09/13 23:40, Bill Turner wrote:

> [...]

   I read: a 1 hp electric motor, such as on an electric lawn mower, "if
over loaded" (tall grass) can produce 3 hp (drawing triple the current)
until the windings heat enough to increase their resistance, then 1 hp
will be the most it can produce and this is not the property of a
internal combustion engines.  Is this not correct?
   I think this is the property of series wound and PM field motors
only. (from school)
--
   Ron  KA4INM - Youvan's corollary:
                 Every action results in unwanted side effects.