[Amps] Freescale LDMOS devices / load mismatch survival

Steve g8gsq72 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 06:48:45 EDT 2013

Yes, there's no doubting that these modern FETs are generally quite
robust. For most amplifiers there's a range of phases of high VSWR where
they will survive ok, and a smaller range where they are most vulnerable
- usually where the drain impedance goes very high (breakdown volts) or
very low (dissipation from very high current). The second is probably
responsible for more failures, but it depends a lot on the diffusions in
the die.

Steve