[Amps] What Old Amp to Buy?

Hal W5GHZ w5ghz at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 12 12:27:35 EDT 2013

Pete,

I would buy an SB-200.  There was a 160 meter mod for that amp in QST a number of years ago and I'm sure you could research it and get the details.  I think it turned the amp into a 160m, 80m and 40 meter amplifier.  You might try an AL-811H also.  It already has 160m, but I would put 572B's in the place of the 811's.  These would give you around 600 to 800 watts out on 160m and the price is alot cheaper than a brand new full power amp.

Hal W5GHZ