[Amps] What Old Amp to Buy?

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Tue Mar 12 15:52:46 EDT 2013

On 3/12/2013 2:01 PM, k6ye at q.com wrote:
> Pete,
>
> Dentron is a nice choice. Others would be Ameritron AL-82, Kenwood TL-922, and Drake L-7. I am currently running a Kenwood TL-922, Alpha 91B, and an Ameritron ALS-600. I am trading the Ameritron for a Drake L-4B as soon as the guy gets here.
>
> Good luck in your quest.

I agree with the Cliperton L choice.  Simple, works well, and relatively
inexpensive.  You might want to add a tuned input if it doesn't have one.

Only problem I saw was on some models the coax from the tank circuit to
the relay had a solid dielectric and would  sometimes melt and short out
where it went under a bulkhead

73

Roger (K8RI)