[Amps] Power factor correction

Bill Fuqua wlfuqu00 at uky.edu
Tue Mar 12 22:09:38 EDT 2013

  "passive inductive correction on a rectifier/capacitor input system "
   Does that make it an inductive input filter system?
Let's see. if the inductor is between the rectifier and the
capacitor that makes it an inductive input filter.
   Is there more information on how they do this?
It seems that if you put an inductor on the AC side of things, even
on DC side, you would have less output from capacitive input filter.
Something is missing here.
    You could improve the power factor by placing a low pass filter between
AC power line and power supply, thus no harmonic current on AC power line.
However, there are trade offs in doing that.
73
Bill wa4lav