[Amps] Neutralizing push-pull amp

Vic K2VCO k2vco.vic at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 12:46:18 EDT 2013

If the amplifier is class AB1, then it can use a swamped grid circuit. There should be no
need for neutralization with a 50 or 200 ohm resistor as the swamping resistor.

I have never seen these tubes used in push-pull. What is the advantage to doing this? It
will certainly complicate bandswitching. Possibly even harmonics will be reduced, but
harmonic content in class AB1 is low already, and you can use a Pi-L network output to
further reduce all harmonics, not just even ones.

On 3/14/2013 9:23 AM, B Osburn wrote:
> Neutralizing push-pull amp
> In pictures I see about a 2” long rod about 1” from the tube plate.   How do you tune it?  Keep making the rod longer/shorter?   How do you arrive at the initial location? This is for a pair of 4CX1500Bs: 2750V Plate, 225V Screen, -34V bias on the grid, Class AB1, 160M-20M.
> Brad AB0YD

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco/