[Amps] Coupling a blower to an air system socket

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Sun Mar 17 02:03:07 EDT 2013

On 3/16/2013 11:10 PM, Paul Hewitt wrote:
> Greetings Ian
> Besides the lower back pressure advantage of blowing into the anode
> compartment, this method also cools the tank components.  This helps reduce
> themal tuning drift in very hi-Q tanks.
> 73, Paul

One thing to remember about external anode tubes. They  often have
cooling requirements listed as so many cfm at a given back pressure,

I do not know of any way to achieve the required air flow at a reduced
back pressure other than an exhaust fan reducing the exhaust pressure
thus making it a little easier to get more cooling air through.
I believe Emtron and OM both use this approach on some models.

OTOH  is relatively easy to raise the back pressure required for a given
flow with obstructions

73

Roger (K8RI)