[Amps] 8877 wont load on 80M

Dick NY1E dick at ny1e.com
Sun Mar 17 20:53:08 EDT 2013

I was working 40 & 75 meters tonight, and found with the bandswitch just off the detent of 80M, it has 1100 watts output! The amp uses a B&W 850 and I have another bandswitch coupled behind it to switch in  capacitors to pad the plate tuning thru a vacuum relay to switch in another 300 pf and another relay for 1100 pf on the load cap for 80 & 160. The switches must not be synced (sic). When I shorted the relays (without power) for the rf  analyzer test it didn't show the relay wasn't kicking in! Neither control is at max for 1100 out, but I'll except that for tonight!!!