[Amps] Coupling a blower to an air system socket

Jim Thomson jim.thom at telus.net
Mon Mar 18 10:27:42 EDT 2013

Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 15:37:50 -0400
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri at rogerhalstead.com>
Cc: amps at contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Coupling a blower to an air system socket

I do not know of any way to achieve the required air flow at a reduced
> back  pressure other than an exhaust fan reducing the exhaust pressure thus
> making it a  little easier to get more cooling air through.
I believe Emtron and OM both use this approach on some models.

##  Roger why mess with two blowers in series ??   Two blower’s
in series will indeed increase the pressure, but same CFM.

##  A lot easier to use the k2riw method, and reduce the pressure
requirements of the blower.   Only 1 blower required.

Jim  VE7RF