[Amps] 8650AS Grounded Grid

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Mon Mar 25 19:18:54 EDT 2013

On 3/25/2013 4:52 PM, Glen Zook wrote:
> The cooler on the GI-7b and GI-7bT come off easily.  A metal cooling
> block could also be made that corresponds with the size of the one on
> the 8873.  Just don't fool around with the BeO2 block!  The block is
> perfectly safe unless one tries to file, sand, etc.
> Glen, K9STH
>
> Website: http://k9sth.com

I should have made that clear and didn't think about it until after I
hit send.  BeO2 dust is hazardous to your health is an understatement.
Just a tiny amount of the stuff can be fatal.

Actually if you can ge hold of some of the finned cooler for the latest
version of the GI-7B (makes it look kinda like the 3CX400) they fit
right on the GI-7B and make it good for about 400 watts.

I'd think with all the cobbled conversions, some one would make a solid
anode cooler like this and the man thing would be to change the socket
for a real neat looking conversion.

73

Roger (K8RI)