[Amps] instability issue

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Wed Mar 27 12:36:21 EDT 2013

That is also a common method or shunt the choke with a 3K or so carbon
resistor.
A homebrew amp could also mean it is full of WW2 style HV mica caps which
are often leaky by now and make poor bypasses, coupling, and tune/loading
padders.  For 160M included I use a .01 3KV disc ceramic for up to 2KV,  or
a pair of .0047 at 6-10KV in parallel for big amps, as the plate choke
bypass and a .02 1KV disc for all the LV and input coupling.

Carl
KM1H