[Amps] Alpha 87A - Gettering NOS 3CX800A7's

john starr001 jstarr001 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 29 11:12:51 EDT 2013

I have an Alpha 87a and would like to replace with 20 year old NOS 3CX800A7 pair.  These have never been used.  I would like to getter the tubes by running them for 1-2 days but I have no setup other than the 87A.  I believe the 87A applies HV and screen voltage after a 3 minute timer period.   As long as I dont apply any RF signal, would it be harmful to the tubes to insert them into the 87A and let them cook for a day or so with HV applied?

thanks

john