[Amps] 572's

kingwood k5jv at kingwoodcable.com
Thu May 2 13:05:23 EDT 2013

Greetings to all,

        In my opinion, a "reputable  distributor" doesn't have anything to
do with the issue.  99% of all new 572B's come from the same factory in
China.  If the tubes won't meet muster, the problem is in the factory, not
the distributor.

        Like Carl, I have been buying 572B's, by the case, for years.  They
all have came from the same wholesaler, in Florida.  I have never had a bad
tube, even an open filament, until this last batch.  Every single tube
tested about one half the output compared to earlier purchases. even 30 year
old Cetron pulls put out more power than the new tubes.

        I sent the entire batch back to the wholesaler.  He said that he had
no other complaints, at that time, but accepted the tubes back with no
question.  I have had no other word from him.

73 de Lon, K5JV

Lon W. Cottingham

1110 Golden Bear Ln.
Kingwood, TX 77339