[Amps] 572b

Jeff Blaine keepwalking188 at yahoo.com
Thu May 2 18:22:34 EDT 2013

I have used about 8 of the Chinese 572 specifically for torture testing in
RTTY service and I can say without qualification that the plate dissipation
limit (IIRC 160w) is not something which will keep the tube in long service.
But whipping the hell out of these tubes in AM/FM/RTTY service with all the
guns blazing is not the common application.

I would expect the current breed to give long SSB service as long as tuning
is done properly and kept to a minimum.  For CW, almost as well.  From
there, it goes down hill fast.

Comparing them with prior generations makes no sense because there are
virtually zero NOS old tubes remaining.  You either buy the Chinese (through
some direct or distribution method) - and that is the only source available
and take what service life you can get.  Or you can flip to another tube
type at some considerable amount of work and expense.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie