[Amps] Pre-Distortion Linearizer

Fuqua, Bill L wlfuqu00 at uky.edu
Sat May 4 02:42:02 EDT 2013

The goals are different for Cell phone systems and single channel radio communication.
In amateur radio the objective is to reduce adjacent channel interference. While in Cell Phone
systems the purpose is to reduce interference between channels being amplified and transmitted
in the system itself. There are numerous signals being amplified by a single amplifier and if there
is cross talk between these channels data can be lost. Same as in frequency division multiplexing
as was used in microwave systems years ago. I don't see how improving IMD down to -60 db is
useful in ham radio unless the bands were much very very crowded by strong signals of nearly
the same amplitude.

73
Bill wa4lav