[Amps] chassis maker?

Colin Lamb k7fm at teleport.com
Sat May 4 15:59:47 EDT 2013

"I consider a shear essential unless you are not considering looks. Only
a few have the skill to saw and file with a professional look."

Although I have a shear, that may not be the perfect solution.  In order to cut thicker aluminum or steel, you need a 2,000 pound shear, which involves space.  And, often they are not able to do more than cut a flat edge the full length of the material.  If you are going to fold it, the shear may not be able to cut all the shapes you need.  However, both a table saw and a radial arm saw, with a non-ferrous blade can make clean cuts (warning - secure things before you cut).  And, if you build edge guides, even a saber saw with a metal cutting blade can make clean cuts.

73,  Colin  K7FM