[Amps]  4CX5000A in common grid  circuit

peter chadwick g8on at fsmail.net
Mon May 6 04:00:00 EDT 2013

Hi Markku,

Have a look at 'Single Sideband Principals and Circuits' by Pappenfus, Bruene and Schoenike - the 1964 edition. Or better, see if your local library can get you a copy of the article.

E.L.Chaffee, A Simplified Harmonic Analysis, Rev. Sci. Instr., pp384-389, October 1936.

If need be, I'll scan the pages from Pappenfus for you.

The main difference between estimating gain in grounded cathode and grounded grid is that you  need to take into account the negative feedback.

The gain in Class A is given by {RL/(Rp + RL)}{mu + 1} = {RL/(Rp + RL)} {[gm.Rp] + 1}: in other classes, the variation in gm over the cycle will have some effect.

For a tetrode or pentode, Rp is fairly high.

73

Peter G3RZP

 Message Received: May 06 2013, 06:51 AM