[Amps] Commander 2500 value.

Bill Turner dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Thu May 9 03:10:12 EDT 2013

ORIGINAL MESSAGE (may be snipped):
On Wed, 08 May 2013 22:41:37 -0400, Roger wrote:

> I have heard they are a PITA to work on. True? False?

REPLY:
Sadly, all too true.

Even changing the meter lamps is a major project. I had to replace a burned
toroid in the plate tank circuit TWICE, not something I would wish on
anyone.

If you get one, don't run RTTY at full power on 40 meters That's how I
burned the toroid. Keep it below 1 kW on RTTY and you'll be fine. This
problem with the toroid was confirmed by a Command employee and was the main
reason they came out with the Magnum version, he said.

And don't burn out the meter lamps either.  :-)

Otherwise, a fine amp.

Bill, W6WRT