[Amps] 160M PI network Toroidal Coil

Bryan Swadener bswadener at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 5 18:41:09 EDT 2013

I might as well add my input...

My GS35b 160m monobander will use about 15uH fixed
and 16uH adjustable, to drive ~ 25 to 500 ohms.
The fixed inductor is 20T 10 AWG 19-strand silver-
plated copper wire (w/ PTFE insulation) on a Micrometals
T400-2D core. Core and wire losses should be naught.
I found two cores and the wire on ebay for a good price.

I used my spreadsheet calculator to determine the maximum
wire diameter, number of turns and length of wire needed. YMMV.

Mike, that's interesting about the fuse.  At HV with
a 250V fuse, I would've expected a sustained arc.

vy 73,
Bryan WA7PRC