[Amps] Participate in NASA experiment

Manfred Mornhinweg manfred at ludens.cl
Mon Oct 7 09:51:45 EDT 2013

Hi guys,

as I understand it, NASA wants as many hams as possible to send out
series of half minute long carriers, for several hours, on many specific
frequencies decided by NASA and covering all the most used segment of 10
meters!

To me that looks like incitation to create massive QRM!

Yes, NASA asks participants to comply with the laws. That would mean
listening first, not using a frequency if it is in use, and asking if it
is in use, plus IDing basically after each of the "dits" of that HI
message. But will all participants do that, or will they just put their
carriers atop other stations? I fear that some fellow hams, in the fever
of the action, and finding "their assigned frequency" in use by some
stations they only hear weakly, might choose to simply ignore them!

Let's hope that this will not happen.

Manfred