[Amps] 160M PI network Toroidal Coil

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Wed Oct 9 11:18:12 EDT 2013

> Manfred
>
>>I'm not even aware of those Radio Regulations. I suppose you mean the
> British ones? In my country they aren't valid anyway - and I wish there
> were any at all! <
>
> Actually Manfred, your government has signed up to them! I'm referring to
> the International Radio Regulations, published by the ITU, and signed up
> to, by all the participants in a World Radio Conference. Is there not a
> ban on spark transmitters? That's in the RR.
>
> Interesting point about iron cores and VFOs. As I recall, the old Command
> transmitters were very stable, and they had iron cores in both the VFO and
> the PA. But they were magnetically loosely coupled, unlike toroids.
>
> 73
>
> Peter G3RZP

The Command transmitters were reasonably stable for CW after a warmup but
the 5mc range one used with a lot of early SSB rigs still had some drift
that wouldnt be a bother on CW back then.

Central Electronics ran them at a much lower B+ and Gonset used just the VFO
assembly in the GSB-100 and that was pretty decent.  The Command sets had a
much different than usual circuit that was described in an ER Magazine
article....I dont remember the details.

Carl
KM1H