[Amps]  LF oscillation caused by defective plate choke?

N1BUG paul at n1bug.com
Sat Oct 12 07:30:04 EDT 2013

I would like to thank Peter, Jim, Carl, and others in addition to
Manfred for input on my amplifier issues. I now have a plan to
improve the by-passing.

I wish it were reasonably possible to add the second choke and
by-pass in the plate circuit. Unfortunately with the somewhat
crowded layout of this amp there is no place to put it without a lot
of metal work and another ugly kludge. Hopefully, since things seem
stable for the moment with the new plate choke, improved by-passing
will help ensure it stays that way.

Thanks again, everyone.

73,
Paul N1BUG