[Amps] More on two pin 220vac

Louis Parascondola gudguyham at aol.com
Tue Oct 15 07:37:48 EDT 2013

It's been years since the NEC has banned ANY normal current to flow on the ground of the electrical system except fault current.  The Ameritron amp in question does not reference any voltages to ground. or to neutral for that matter.  Therefore as long as there is 240v between the primaries of the plate and filament transformers the amp should perform fine with the 2 wire system.  I repeat my concern is that there is no bonding to ground but then again there is no ground unless one is provided externally to the chassis and perhaps a water pipe.  I would assume that the electrical delivery system should be grounded at some point.